An Autobiography of a GERD patient.
The Pain
The pain it stays like a lingering foe,
it burns within my chest with no escape.
Upon the dawn I think it's gone,
but on the hour it gets louder.
As my hunger-pangs reach their echo,
my fear it screams, "What will I do?"
For by everyday sustenance taken in,
they destroy my insides by the hour.
Looking back to when it started,
I was quenched becoming a dancing-queen.
Present day is here at twenty-three,
and still it haunts me with it's vengeance.
The any physician did I consult,
but they rattled off the same report.
"Have you, have you,
have you tried this?"
I say, "Yes Sir, yes Sir,
three times too many."
They tell me to give no effort to the ailments of life,
in hopes this monster will crawl down and hide.
As I focus on the joys of life,
the pain interrupts them without any fault.
My friends they all question what's gone wrong,
but as I explain they go merrily along.
So everyday I wake up with my monster inside,
I'm left here pretending,
where am I to hide?

No comments:
Post a Comment